This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial 4.0 International License
Journal of Geological Resource and Engineering is an international, scholarly peer-reviewed journal (print and online) published bimonthly by David Publishing Company, USA, since 2013.
Now, IBI Factor of Journal of Geological Resource and Engineering for the year 2014-15 is 2.9, as rated by InfoBase Index. The journal publishes contributions in the form of original and review papers, or as short technical notes. A Book Review section informs the discerning reader of the type and quality of literature available to the geotechnical engineer and engineering geologist. The journal publishes papers in the areas of soil and rock engineering, geology as applied in the civil engineering, mining and petroleum industries. The papers related to soil and rock mechanics, geology and hydrogeology, theoretical and experimental advances in ground mechanics are welcomed for inclusion. The journal is published in English.
The e-journal provides free and open access to all of its content on our Website. Accepted papers will immediately appear online followed by the printed in hard copy.
The journal encompasses a broad spectrum of geo-engineering although several areas have been identified which will be given particular priority: soil and rock engineering, foundation engineering, applied geology for design and construction, geo-environmental engineering, earthquake engineering and dynamic behavior of soils and rocks, geohazards and mitigation, mining engineering, geotechnical aspects of petroleum engineering, information technology applications in geo-engineering, novel geotechnical construction techniques and case histories describing important geo-engineering projects, flood, hydrogeology, geoarchaeology, palaeoclimatology, geomedicine, other related subjects etc.
Information for Authors
1. Submission of Manuscript: The manuscript should be original, and has not been published previously. Do not submit material that is currently being considered by another journal. The manuscript should be in MS Word format, submitted as an email attachment to our email address:[email protected] [email protected]
2. Some Requirements: Manuscripts may be 3000-12000 words or longer if approved by the editor, including an abstract, texts, tables, footnotes, appendixes and references. The title should be on page 1 and not exceed 15 words, and should be followed by an abstract of 100-200 words. 3-8 key words or key phrases are required.
3. Transfer of Copyright Agreement: Authors of the articles being accepted are required to sign up the Transfer of Copyright Agreement form.
4. Hard Copies: Author will receive 2 hard copies of the journal containing their articles.
5. Publication Fee: We will charge some fee if the paper is published in our journal. Authors are required to make payment of article publication handling fee only after their articles have been accepted. The flat price is US$60 per page which is in our format. Authors are also required to apply for partial waiver if they could not meet up to the processing fee, especially in developing countries such as Asia, Africa and South America nations.
Peer Review Policy
Journal of Geological Resource and Engineering is a peer-review journal. All research articles in the journals undergo rigorous peer review, based on initial editor screening and refereeing by at least two anonymous referees.
All papers considered appropriate for this journal are reviewed anonymously by at least two outside reviewers. The review process usually takes two to three weeks. Papers are accepted for publication subject to no substantive, stylistic editing. The Editor reserves the right to make any necessary changes in the papers, or request the author to do so, or reject the paper submitted. A copy of the edited paper along with the first proofs will be sent to the author for proofreading.
They should be corrected and returned to the Editor within seven days. Once the final version of the paper has been accepted, authors are requested not to make further changes to the text.
Submission of Manuscript